CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm Givin 'Er All She's Got Cap'in

Ever want to know why some bosses think that their secretary is a miracle worker even when the rest of the staff knows she's full of shit? This is a total trade secret, so be sure to keep it to yourself. This is what I call the "Scotty Syndrome". You know, Star Trek, Mr. Scott, the ship's engineer always says the ship can't take any more, he's doing everything he can, yada yada, and yet, he always manages to pull a last minute miracle out of his ass and save the day (or the ship, as the case may be). Apply this to your job. The boss says "I need you to do this job" and you are like "oh wow, that doesn't seem possible, but of course I'll do what I can." I can't stress how important it is to make sure he knows that this is a really hard task, I mean practically impossible, but that you're gonna "give it all you've got", etc. At the end of the day, you pull it off (of course you did, you're amazing, hellooooooo!!!) and you're boss thinks you're the bomb. Mission accomplished. You are now indisposable and those back-stabbing bitches at the bottom feeders pool can gossip all they want. Don't say I didn't teach you anything.

0 comments: