CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tail Wagging the Dog

So yes, I did have a great day yesterday. Even finding out what I'm about to say, I still had a really good day knowing that the person who gives me the most greif is now gone. She leaves earthquakes as she goes, however. I had a meeting yesterday with HR, PHB and a couple others to determine how to fill a vacant admin position and we find out that Esmerelda told the Esther that she can have her job (and trained her to do so) and apparently no one else in the office ever did! Seriously! Not either of their bosses, not my boss, not HR... I'm sitting there listening to this (and to them whine that they shouldn't have to pay attention to administrative matters) and I don't feel one bit sorry for them. They did it to themselves, letting these girls run the show like this. If they really wanted it handled, they should put me back in full charge and authority of it all. I would have never allowed that to happen. Then to top it off, Esther told her old-boss-that-didn't-let-his-admin-go that she was done working for him and that was that! We went to her yesterday to tell her she still needed to help, and gave her a list. I know she didn't want to, but with the rest of us picking up the majority of her old job, she really had no choice. My boss says he will "speak" to her about all of this, but I don't see anything being any different. I sit back and wonder where the balls of all these men are and continue to look under the table for them.

0 comments: