CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Art of Word

I know many people complain about software, and in particular, Miscrosoft software, but I have to tell you that I really like it. I am currently "checked back in" to my job and am giving it a good go to stay here. This could be due to the pending raise I may be getting soon, who knows, but I'm putting my best foot forward, dressing better and voluntarily - yes that's right! - voluntarily doing some extra things. One thing I am doing now is creating photo badges for the office. I'm telling you, LMS would have never let me have this much fun. I am using Word and Excel and I'm feeling pretty proud. It surely is a thankless job.

2 comments:

The Guv'ner said...

I don't mind it either but dude...have you tried office 2007 yet? I've had the 2007 version of Word and Powerpoint for some time now (at home only) and the fact I am still sane and not on a drunken bender right now is saying something.

Why would any company find it necessary to completely overhaul the one part of its software that works reasonably well and change it into something totally unfamiliar? Jesus H. it took me about a week to figure out how to change the default double spacing and font. I mean where are my file, edit, view, format etc. menus? NOWHERE that's where.

I'm sure once it becomes more familiar I'll love it however, on day one when you're all "HOW THE EFF DO I SAVE THIS DOCUMENT AND WHAT IS THIS DOCX EXTENSION SHIT?" you really do start to worry for your sanity.

The Secretary said...

I have actually bought the Home and Student 2007 version of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Notebook, and yes I agree it was confusing at first, but I still love it.

By the way, there is a little menu bar at the upper left hand corner that you can add your most commonly used functions (save as, close, etc.)

And I'm already crazy. I blame this place.