CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm afraid this blog is going to turn into the place where all I do is complain because I am sooooo fired up once again. Ok so this is the story this week. As you may know, National Boss' Day was this week, and I had a staff meeting to ask the staff if they would like to participate in doing something as a group. I pre-empted the meeting with an email, letting staff know I was going to be asking them this question so they could be prepared with ideas. Immediately after sending the email out, one admin (I'll call her Esmerelda because she's such a witch), immediately sends me an email back letting me know that she will not participate as she has decided to buy a card for each of her bosses and that was it. Of course she's absolutely bitchy about it too, but in trying to stay with my new and improved attitude, I just reply with a "yes ma'am, thank you." Then Esmerelda takes the other admin (who I don't think has a mind of her own because she tends to adopt every single thought Esmerelda does) and they go for their smoke break (a very regular 10AM and 3PM strict regimen). We'll call admin number two Esther (because she's much older and that name works for me... lol). The minute Esmerelda and Esther come back from smoke break I get an email from Esther saying the same thing: I do not want to partipate, I will do my own thing. I think to myself, of course, monkey see, monkey do. I finally decide to reply to both of them saying, thanks for your input, but wait for the meeting like I asked and you can provide your point of view at that time. (I try not to roll my eyes while I am typing, they are so ridiculous).

So anyway, meeting time comes and the staff decide on a breakfast and I say ok, I'll go buy the food, etc. and you guys help serve and decorate. Maybe someone can do a poster or something saying thanks... Well no one does a damn thing until the very morning of the breakfast. At this point I've already set up the table, bought the food, brought in my own personal appliances, make the freakin poster and asked for volunteers to which NO ONE responded. What a bunch of fuckers. This office sucks ass. Then to top it off, all of a sudden Esther brandishes two homemade tarts, bacon and sausage! This from someone who didn't even WANT to do anything, but yet she just can't stand to let an opportunity to top me and anything that I do. Did she let me know she was bringing stuff? Of course not! Not to mention that Miss Wonderful just had a root canal the day before. So now everyone ooohs and ahhhs over HER accomplishments. I tell ya man, something stinks in Whoville.

2 comments:

The Guv'ner said...

Whoa! I'd say your coworkers definitely rival a bunch of my ex-ones for deviousness. There's always some under achieving hot mess who has low self esteem who has to swoop in and garner all the attention. Always. I mean ask yourself, is it possible this snooty uber bitch has a life outside work? I don't think so!

I think maybe I just hate people...

The Secretary said...

I know, right? I have so many conversations in my head with this gal, telling her to tone down her greatness. Unfortunately all conversations end up with me feeling inadequate and petty. It's nauseating.