CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'm So Very Happy!

I know, it's rare that I can say I am so very happy here at work, but I finally got the good news - I'm getting a salary increase! This is exciting because it is for my role as office manager and I think I'm getting almost 5% increase, which is before our regular merit raise increase that happens in May, of which I will get my usual 3% no matter what kind of job I do. So yeah, I'm totally excited and finally feel like my hard work hasn't gone unnoticed by the PHB.

This also means that when I get back from vacation, I can whip those AA bitches into shape! No more wondering whether I can tell them to back off my turf or not, it will be made clear to them in a meeting. Then going forward, I (hopefully) will feel freer to speak my mind. I always hesitated due to the fact that I'm not their supervisor and, hell, if someone told me something and they weren't my supervisor I'd most likely tell them to take a giant leap off a short cliff. Or just ignore them completely. Which is what they do to me now. And I can't really blame them. However, that isn't going to fly anymore. Do I sound power hungry? Oh well, I can live with that! HA HA HA

Yippeeeeeeee!

2 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Good for you! I'm sure you deserve every penny and more for puttin' up.

The Guv'ner said...

High five, chicadee! Kick some serious, asskissy butt. I look forward to your upcoming stories of office mutinies and time outs.

Yay for more moolah though. I mean really. I never get a goddamned raise. (or even a raisin!)