CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

P/A's on the Take

I haven't blogged lately, trying to get ready for the 2 week vacation coming up at the end of December and dealing with the usual office crapola. Here's the latest news:

1. Barney gave his notice. Of course he decided the best way to do so was to yell and scream at our PHB. I don't know about you, but no matter what, I don't yell at the office. I'd like to think I have enough self-control. Besides I save the screaming for home. How else is my 14 year old going to understand? Ha ha... Anyway, he's gone the beginning of January. I wonder how much damage he'll do on his way out.

2. We have some passive aggression going on. Say what? you may ask. No way. Well it's true. I sent out message to the staff asking who wanted to participate in the Secret Santa. 8 out of 23 people responded with a yes, 2 of those people suggested the Yankee Swap and I also got 3 I don't care's. So therefore I am led to beleive people don't want to do this event. So another gal in the office decides to send out her own message and changed it to Yankee Swap (really, as if this is a big difference, I have done this for over 8 years now and sometimes it's a Yankee Swap and other times it's a Secret Santa, but you always know it's the same basic theme). I guess she didn't beleive no one responded to me so now my boss got mad and asked her into his office after she sent an all staff message inviting them to her Yankee Swap. Instead of listening to him, she also yelled and screamed and stormed out of his office. He is, after all, the boss of this office, why wouldn't you ASK his permission to have a party first? I don't really understand these people, but all I know is that I am not going to her little PA party. Neither is my boss. HA HA! That freakin little bitch new exactly what she was doing and for her to say "But it's a Yankee Swap, not a Secret Santa" is complete bullshit. Also keep in mind she is one of the people who never bothered to respond to me at all, either a yes or no, or a suggestion of Yankee Swap vs. Secret Santa. What a bitch.

In any event, I can't wait for my vacation. I need a break from these whacked out people. I'll be locking all my cabinets and drawers and turning off my cell phone too. Oh the joy of it all. He he he.... Actually, I'll just make sure my boss has the number where I'll be. That way they have to go to him to get to me. I like that idea.

I hope I can blog again soon..... but it's a busy week, so keep all expectations down. Way down. That's where I like 'em! :)

6 comments:

The Guv'ner said...

Isn't it fun (and somewhat scary) when you're the SANE one in the office? I think this a lot. I think "Holy mother of Jesus, I am the only voice of SANITY in this godforsaken den of incompetence, how terrifying is that?"

I gave up doing birthday parties and the like because people just don't really give a shit most of the time and why should I waste my time? People only come for the cake anyway then leave to skulk in their offices and I have to clean up afterwards so no thank you.

Grrr.

I am hating office land today, can you tell?

Happy you're back though!

The Secretary said...

I think that all the time. I also think that since they say if you take more than 3 hits of LSD you are insane anyway and I recall my 20's and think, I can't be the sane one around here. Maybe I'm just having flashbacks because there is no way people are really this petty and stupid in reality.

I'm hating office land today and I'm really pissed off at people yelling at my boss. I complain about him sometimes but really, he's one of the better ones out there and he never yells or raises his voice at others, just sits quitely and allows you to speak or rant or whatever. As far as bosses go, I've got it pretty good so the next person to walk by and try to take a peice of him is going to get my pen jammed into their eyeball. I wonder what HR would think of that.

The Guv'ner said...

I think you should take your pen with you when HR summon you just to make it perfectly clear you mean war. :)

I woke up in a foul mood today and it's continuing. My boss is in Colorado at a conference and leaving me all sorts of vague emails with tasks to do with no explanation whatsoever. I would like to make an effegy of him out of cake frosting and some office supplies and kill it with my letter opener.

The Secretary said...

It's called VooDoo Administration. HA HA!

The Guv'ner said...

No, it's called "THERAPY". Yup.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Getting upset and yelling at yer boss - about a gift exchange? So smart, so professional. What is wrong with people that they get so jacked up over stuff that doesn't have anything to do with work, which is why you are there in the first place.

People have strange priorities.

Lock your desk honey and get the heck out of there!!