CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Serenity Now!


You know, I'm really getting kind of bitter about this. When my nemesis left this office, my days were supposed to be getting better. Much much better. Joy and happiness abound. I had images of skipping down the hallways and breaking out into spontanious song and dance. You know, like Grease. Or maybe something like 9 to 5 with a Dolly Parton special guest appearance.

So, well, this has not happened and my dreams are shattered. HR is once again trying to re-write my job description (probably based on feedback from Esmerelda's exit interview - thanks you b!tch) and I have no idea what's going to happen. More and more this company is taking me out of an administrative equation and pushing me to do crap like be a facility manager or sattelite tech support (our IT service is located in another state, hundreds of miles away). I'm tired of hooking up computers and resolving telephone issues. My skills are going to waste! I should be the head of an administrative staff by now. And I was, until yet another outsider (from another country!) determined I shouldn't be. Never mind that it worked for this office, more politic reared their ugly head and once again it is me who gets screwed. I have tried not to turn all passive aggressive and only do what my job description says. What can I do? I'm the kind of person who loves to give 110% to my job, but lately, after all the ill treatment, I kind of feel like they should be so lucky to get even 50% of my efforts. It is so hard to be somewhere where the underachievers get acknowledged and I get shafted. Perhaps it's time to once again consider a move. Which I would hate because I would lose my lovely 4 weeks of vacation. I'm so torn. This Love/Hate work relationship is going to be the end of me someday.

0 comments: